Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night


Image & description from Goodreads.com
Review copy provided by HarperCollins in return for my honest review.

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.


My Thoughts:
When you look back on all the books you've read in a year from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 you can probably compile a list of your five or ten favorites.  It's only the 4th day into the new year and I'm pretty sure I've just read one of my top THREE favorite books of the year!  It could even be my #1.  Under the Never Sky was one of my favorites last year and Through the Ever Night is even better!  The story picks up a few months later and Perry is adjusting to his new role as leader of the Tides.  Aria is trying to figure out how to get Hess what he wants in return for Perry's nephew Talon.  When they finally reconnect it is so bitter sweet it makes you smile and tear up all at once.  The politics that play out in both worlds, Dweller and Outsider, are realistic and true to human nature.  The world that Veronica Rossi has created engulfed me.  Aria's transformation from Dweller to a combination of Dweller/Outsider is fascinating.  Perry's determination to stay true to he was and protect his people was admirable.  I hope this series is made into movies.  I'll be one of those crazy enthusiastic fans at the midnight showing.  If you haven't started this series please stop depriving yourself immediately!
Helpful Links:
http://www.veronicarossi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veronica-Rossi-Author/139136976179726
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4637369.Veronica_Rossi
Twitter: @v_rossibooks

http://www.harpercollins.com/


1 comment:

  1. Apparently I've been depriving myself. I better ask the libray to get book1. I'm not into dystopia (this is dystopian right) but rave reviews like this piques my interest.

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva